Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Blueberry Cheesecake of my dreams, Chicken Empanaditas to live for!

Blueberry cheesecake. Mouth-watering creaminess that melts in your mouth, textured with the semi-sour, semi-sweet blueberries, with the contrasting buttery and slightly salted crust... sinfully delicious...just thinking about it makes me salivate like a dog. Yes, it's one of my weakness. The first time I've tasted it, I was done for. I'll actually trade any dessert for blueberry cheesecake.

Unfortunately, not all cake shop can satisfy my standards. Let's just say that I've tasted my share of this pie that I 've become a self-declared connoiseur. So it was really a delight to discover a small cake shop along Katipunan Road, White Plains, Quezon City that serves my type of blueberry cheese pie.

I've heard of "Gateau de Manille" sometime ago in a radio commercial, advertising for lunch and dinner. I've passed by it a hundredth time and paid no attention. It's outside has no fanciness, it actually looked like a very ordinary restaurant. Our discovery of it was purely coincidental. We've placed an order for chicken in a nearby store but had to wait for 20 mins before it cooks, so we went looking for a decent place to while the time. It was providential that we landed at Gateau de Manille. Their blueberry cheesecake was everything I hoped for! (No contest ang Red Ribbon dito! - Andy).



My dear hubby and also Geoffrey, on the otherhand, fell in love with the chicken empanaditas. It's a bread-filled pastry that's bursting with a very tasty mixture of chicken, potatoes, green peas, raisin, and carrots. As you bite it, your tastebuds welcome the succulent chicken mixture with a tinge of sweetness because of the rasins. The cover is not thick unlike other empanadas where the filling is sooo small compared to the thick covering. Let the pictures speak for themselves. (Talong talo ang Goldilucks at Red Ribbon sa sarap at presyo! - Andy)

Cheesecake is only P415 while chicken empanaditas cost only P18/pc or P105 per box of 6. They also have a broad range of cakes, pastries, pies, and bread. (Magandang pampasalubong! Di ka mapapahiya! - Andy). I look forward tasting their other creations.

Gateau de Manille is located at 117 Katipunan Road, St. Ignatius Village, White Plains, Quezon City, with tel. 9116547, 9116750, 9128573.

2 comments:

Mr. DigS said...

The cheese cup cake was also good.

i♥pinkc00kies said...

wow!! those are yummy!!