Monday, January 5, 2009

Flavored Rice? Use Ora Mix Mo

My son, Geof, is picky with food. But when I prepared Java rice using the sauce I brought home from Indonesia, he enjoyed it too much, he ate it even without any viand. So when I discovered the Clara Ole Ora Mix Mo rice mixes, I was really happy. Each packet contains sauce good for 2 cups of rice. Just heat the pan, put a little oil, pour the rice mix and the rice (I let the sauce boil a little before I put in the rice) - and viola, I have an instant flavored rice. What I also liked about the mixture is that it has no MSG (at least that's what the packet-information declares). So it's easy to prepare a 'one-pot-wonder' where you can mix the viand with the flavored rice. It comes in different flavors - adobo, beef steak, tocino, paella, java, and japanese fried rice. Each rice packet costs only Php11. Review by Apple.

No comments: