Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Soft & Spicy Meat Noodles at ERSAO

Whenever we pass by West Ave. , QC, we notice the big sign of Ersao. We were not a big fan of the food served at this food chain except for their milk tea and fruit shakes, but one night with no parking available in the restaurants of our choice at West Ave., we ended up at Ersao.

I was craving for hot soup and spicy noodles. Enticed by the big photo display, I tried their Jachai Meat Noodles. It was served in a big bowl (good for sharing) steaming hot. When I tasted the soup... wow! It was a little bit spicy just right for my taste. Using chopsticks, I bit and chewed the noodles... wow again! The noodles were color white, thick and soft (not the usual noodles found in Chinese restaurants). Apple and I shared the noodles and in an instant the soup and noodles were completely gone... up to the last drop! The Jachai Meat Noodles only costs P85.00. There is also a set menu of noodles, a liitle appetizer salad and milk tea or shakes where you can save about P5.00.
We brought our kids the following day to Ersao and ordered the Dumpling noodles since Geof does not prefer spicy soup. The Dumpling noodles has the same white, soft and thick noodles - Geof loved it! - but I still prefer the spicy taste so I have to put some chili powder to my soup. We also tried the meat ball and the beef noodles - also a little spicy. Aside from the noodles, we tried their rice toppings - spicy squid rice and the chicken steak rice. The fried dumplings at P75.00 were also good. The only disappointment was the Yofan, this is sticky rice with some meat, mushroom, etc - it's bland and lacks flavor.

I noticed that they have some unique soup specials in their menu which are only available at the West Ave. branch - Ampalaya Chicken and Ribs Soup, Bamboo Ribs Soup, Gabi Ribs Soup, Mushroom Chicken Soup and Sesame Chicken Soup. Hmm next time, I will have to try them.

We have other favorite restaurants along West Ave. - Mr. Kabab, Lido, KKK, Mushroom Burger. Now Ersao will be part of this list.

No comments: