Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Crabs - Adobo Style (Pampanga)

Whenever crabs are served in our reunion or fiesta in Pampanga, they are cooked "adobo" style. I have never seen adobo crabs in the menu of restaurants including the "dampa" in Metro Manila. Usually, the choices for crab dishes in restaurants are steamed, sauteed with garlic or chili sauce but not adobo. So during this Christmas holiday, I requested my loving wife, Apple to try to cook the adobo crabs. Through the instructions given by my cousin, Ate Dina who is an expert when it comes to this dish, Apple succeeded in cooking the crab dish. I ate with gusto during our dinner. Crabs Adobo style is cooked similar to our ordinary pork or chicken adobo wherein the crabs are boiled with water, vinegar, salt and garlic. Then the crabs are sauteed with the crab egg meat with onions. garlic, and calamansi. The recipe looks simple but I wonder why crabs-adobo style is not served in seafood restaurants?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bogs,
miss ko na ang adobong crabs. Pero dito hinid ko magawa yan kasi puro lalaki ang mga crabs na nabibili sa market at mapait ang taba.
I think sa atin nanggaling ang recipe kaya walang nakakaalam.
yumyum!!!

Anonymous said...

oo nga. Original recipe ata ang adobo crabs ng mga Coronel...Bogs