Saturday, October 31, 2020

My T-SHIRT Memories - Part 2 (Apple Moments)

This edition of My T-Shirt Memories will be cheesy since the moments are with my partner and love, Apple. So what shirts are associated with my pretty Apple? Let us start from this shirt.

The Palawan Museum T-Shirt.  Puerto Princesa, Palawan is a memorable place for us. It was where Apple and I had our honeymoon in March 1999. The Palawan trip is indeed unforgettable; in the first place, we missed our check-in time on the day of our trip. Thus we need to rebook for the next day! 


Palawan Museum T-Shirt

Palawan in 1999 was still an unexplored paradise unlike now where there are too many foreign tourists. We enjoyed the original Vietnamese restaurants that serve the original Pho noodles and various vegetable recipes. Today, the Vietnamese restaurants are not as good as then, since they are not anymore managed by Vietnamese who have returned to their prospering country.  Apple and I made trips to the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, Honda Bay Beaches, Iwahig Penal Colony and the Palawan Museum where I bought this shirt. 

The Selfie Shirt. I was a visiting scientist through the  AUN/SEED-Net Short Term Visit Program at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, Jan 28 – Feb 5, 2012 with my host: Prof. L. Panitan. I remember Cheryl Roxas was there before me and she gave me a tour of the guest house. Irene Ubay and students then, Erica Uy, Jamiel Jayme and Daniel Valerio joined the trip for they have an interview in the MSCE program at Chula. Read related blog.

Apple joined the trip for two days and one of our shopping trips led to MBK shopping in Bangkok. MBK is a popular destination for buying Thai souvenirs, durian chips and other Thai goods. They have unique designs of T-shirts like this Selfie shirt. Selfie sticks are not yet available then. So this design of an elephant attracted me. Apple bought a shirt with an  "Out-Of-The-Box" design. Apple and I had a food trip in Bangkok. Thailand is my second favorite place to visit after Japan. The people are nice, their food has a distinct and unique taste and mass transportation via skytrain and subway is convenient.
The Selfie T-Shirt from MBK

Oh yes this academic visit in Bangkok will be unforgettable. It was here where I might have experienced unusual events and sleepless nights in a rumored "haunted" room in the guest house where I was booked. It seems that the room where I stayed was a room where a murder happened. Guests who stayed there including me have difficulty sleeping and encounter unusual events; in my case all electronic gadgets do not work nor charged. So I have to request for a change in room for the rest of my stay. 

The Nepo Mall T-Shirt.  How will I forget this T-Shirt. I bought this shirt in a shop at Nepo Mall, Angeles City after Apple and I went to Porac to climb a mountainous site to interview a subject for her PhD dissertation. So after the hike, I need to buy an extra shirt to freshen-up at the house of Tita Bea and Faye Natividad at Angeles City before returning to QC. 

The Nepo Mall T-Shirt 

This trip was excruciating but fruitful. Hiking with your partner to achieve a goal is fulfilling. As they say, the journey is the reward not the destination. 

No comments: