Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Mighty Ton of Cebu

An ordinary hamburger has a diameter of about 4 inches. But the Mighty Ton burger is 3 times bigger, with a diameter of 12 inches or one foot. Inside the giant bun is 1 kilogram of beef patty (shaped in a square mold), with 125 grams of veggies, cheese, and bacon. The bun is almost as heavy as the 1 kg of burger! 
The Mighty Ton (12-inch diameter) burger dwarfs the apple in size.
As soon as I saw this, the picture of Adam (of "Man vs. Food") flashed before me.  I have got to show this to my son and hubby who are both fans of the show.

Bringing it home was quite a challenge.  When I got it out of the restaurant, Casa Verde, the smell was overpowering.  I thought to myself, I can't hand-carry something this smelly, the entire plane might smell like McDonalds. We had to wrap the box with layers of packaging tape, making sure that the holes are sealed tight.  As soon as we cleared it with the check-in counter, the next challenge was the departure x-ray and checking of luggage.  The airport personnel couldn't decide whether to allow me to hand-carry it (donuts and cakes are regular hand carries, but a burger as big in diameter as a cake was something new), he had to consult his supervisor.  When we finally got it in, it's quite hefty to haul it around in a packed airport.

125 grams of bacon, cheese and veggies inside
So I got it home.  And Geof  had to have the first taste - the verdict:  "it tastes good."  The burger was a bit dry, though since it was grilled (and maybe because it took sometime to get it home - from Cebu to Manila, from Airport to Quezon City.  The bun is thick but is good and soft.  The fillings, especially the cheese and bacon, complements well the grilled burger.

Overall, the burger is  good (Geof gave it a "4" in  scale of 1 to 5).  

www.casaverdecebu.com 
The ordinary burger vs the mighty ton
- Apple Oreta 17 April 2-13






No comments: