Monday, December 27, 2010

I enjoyed our Traditional Kapampangan Food

One of the highlights of Christmas is the food served during noche buena and parties. During our Coronel Family Christmas reunion held last Dec 26, 2010, I enjoyed the potluck food served. The original plan was to have the food be catered. But we ended up bringing our own food contribution to the party. And it was good because the dishes were tastier and conforms to our traditional and original kapampangan taste. My favorite dish was the tidtad cooked by my cousin, Moro. The Callos of my Tita Bea was also yummy. The other dishes I enjoyed were the kinilaw and lengua.
In our case, we brought boneless bangus (inihaw by Pixie), There was also siomai contributed by my twin sis, Ate Lou and Ate Rose (ordered from Pampanga by cousin Alma). There were desserts like tibok-tibok (the Kapampangan version of maja blanca - made from carabao's milk and a dash of dayap juice), leche flan, blue berry and strawberry cheesecake and casava cake. Almost all the dishes were good. So we ended up taking home the left-overs.

No comments: